--- On Sun, 1/23/11, Tom Pall <thomas.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Tom Pall <thomas.p...@gmail.com>
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Practicing SSRS's Sahaj Samadi versus TM/TMSP
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 4:55 PM

Four questions.

1) Is it possible for someone who's been practicing TM/TMSP for decades and
Vipassana meditation for a couple of years successfully learn and practice
Sahaj Samadi meditation?   Are the old habits too ingrained?

Sure, why not?

2) Why is it that TM/TMSP is/are practiced twice a day yet from what I've been
able to gather, Sahaj Samadi is practiced only once a day?

Depends on the person. SSRS told me I could do SK twice a day if I felt like
it. SS people that I know do it twice a day.

3) Why is there so much instruction during the 7 steps of instruction into TM
and on TM residence courses about how to deal with unstressing yet from what
I've been able to gather, the worse one encounters practicing Sahaj Samadi is
boredom and becoming a "blue star" (space cadet)?

I think the subtle prana from the pranayama, mudras and SK burns out a lot of
gross stress so the meditations are smoother. Blue stars are more than space
cadets. They are people who are a little or a lot off mentally. Their thinking
is odd.

4) Why is it that being regular in meditation and being able to say as Rick
says, that one has never missed doing TM even once is of utmost importance yet
there appears to be no big compunction to be absolutely regular in practice of
Sahaj Samadi.  When one goes on Art of Silence in-residence courses if you're
lucky if one gets the time and privacy to meditate.  What gives?

You spend so much time on Art of Silence courses doing empty and hollow
meditations, why would you want to do a mantra meditation?

#yiv295505513 #yiv295505513avg_ls_inline_popup {padding:0px
0px;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;width:240px;overflow:hidden;word-wrap:break-word;color:black;font-size:10px;text-align:left;line-height:13px;}