On 01/29/2011 05:25 PM, Tom Pall wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 7:14 PM, blusc0ut<no_re...@yahoogroups.com>  wrote:
>

>> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu<noozguru@...>  wrote:
>> US
>>> SELinux?  I've never gotten around to messing with it (or disabling it)
>>> to maybe send them some place the other side of Orion.
>>>
>> OpenBSD?
>>

>> http://www.readwriteweb.com/enterprise/2010/12/update-openbsd-backdoor-seems.php
>>

> I've heard at the very least OpenBSD.
>
> BTW, installed  Virtual Box.  Running two versions of Windoz and 3 flavors
> of 'nix simultaneously.  Cool stuff.

I run Ubuntu 10.4 on this machine and then use persistent pendrive
installation on other machines.  Usually those are Linux Mint including
a pendrive with the 64 bit version install for my 4 core AMD machine.
Even on a USB stick it zips.  Only problem was my old USB wifi I'm using
on that machine just stopped working on that machine so mistakenly got a
Belkin one that Linux didn't see so automatically and required some
tricks to get it working.  And it's hard even at Fry's to find an
inexpensive b/g one that Linux sees.  They're all selling b/g/n ones
because of the higher profit.   As it was all networking has stopped on
that pendrive including ethernet and I'm not going to spend hours trying
to figure that out and reinstall Linux Mint to that USB drive.

This machine is only a 2 Ghz P4 which I want to replace with another
64-bit 4 core which I'll build from scratch rather than pay the
Microsoft tax.