> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, merudanda no_reply@ wrote:
> >
> > Explore museums from around the world, discover and view hundreds
> > of artworks at incredible zoom levels, and even create and share
> > your own collection of masterpieces.
> >
> > With this project, anyone anywhere in the world will be able to
> > learn about the history and artists behind a huge number of works,
> > at the click of a mouse
> > http://www.googleartproject.com/
> > let's start with Amstersam
> >   http://www.googleartproject.com/museums/vangogh
>
> Cool. Great you agreeThe Van Gogh Museum is very interesting. Rather
> that group the paintings chronologically like most
> museums do,.Very observant about the un-creatively chronologically
line ..lol
agree fullhearted always bother me,too they group Van Gogh's paintings
by location,
> where he was when he painted them. This is very revealing.
> He was not the most stable of individuals, so his work
> was very influenced by the light (or lack thereof) in
> his environment. Thus his paintings from Paris are all
> blue and gray and kinda depressed, and his work from
> the south of France is all full of colors and light
> and vibrancy.

He is  looking closely at nature. Although some of van Gogh's
paintings were spontaneous outpourings of creative energy, in many cases
he plotted out his pictures. He made countless drawings, impassioned
sketches in which he worked out compositional elements. His paintings
are mindful and premeditated.
check :In a Brilliant Light: Van Gogh in Arles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-qIGkIYZeI
http://tinyurl.com/4szavwd
Cinematography is superb: filming from original paintings (rather than
transparencies) allows extreme close-ups of brushstrokes that seem to
take us into the paintings. It's interesting to visit the locales that
van Gogh painted, although some of the cutaways to the local scenery
seem superfluous.The film explores, in depth, several of Van Gogh's most
famous works, including the portraits of the "Roulin family", "The Night
Cafe", and "Van Gogh's Bedroom".  The film also examines several other
major works of the Arles period, including "The Harvest', "Boats on the
Beach", "The Sunflowers", and introduces paintings from private
collections, rarely reproduced.  Filmed on location in the Netherlands
and Provence, In a Brilliant Light: Van Gogh in Arles focuses on Van
Gogh's art and not Van Gogh, the artist, dispelling many myths,
while also breaking ground in contemporary scholarship.
Happy New Year

Happy new year
May we all have a vision now and then
Of a world where every neighbour is a friend
Happy new year
Happy new year
May we all have our hopes, our will to try
If we don't we might as well lay down and die
You and I