Three Yogis Discuss the Use and Abuse of Magical Powers

Before you read following one of the many version of the little story
"Magic Technique to walk on water by three Yogis.", please do read this
introduction
"One of the best-known sources of real-life magic — feats defined as
impossible by Newtonian physics
— is Yoga."
at
http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/jan2/yogmagic.htm
http://tinyurl.com/4ut958j
"..Rama Vernon: In Yoga, the belief is that a gift or grace with which
one is apparently born depends upon the impressions or skills one has
developed in past lives. So what appears to be grace at this moment may
come from efforts at other moments. Grace follows the efforts and skills
that are developed......"
Magic Technique to walk on water by three Yogis.

Three yogi decided to practice meditation together.
They sat by the side of lake and closed their eyes in concentration.
Then suddenly, the first one stood up and said, "I forgot my mat.
"He stepped miraculously onto the water in front of him and walked
across the lake on the other side.
When he returned,the second yogi stood up and said,"I forgot to put
my underwear to dry.
"He too walked calmly across the water and returned.
The third yogi watched the first two carefully and thought, is their
learning superior to mine?
"I too can match your feat,"he declared and rushed to the
water.
He promptly fell in to the water.
Undeterred, he climbed out and tried again, only to drown again....and
again...
and ... again... until

........................................................................\
Here the storyteller ends quite often...just in case you want to read
further - here  my ending of the story:...

This went on for some time as the other two yogi watched.

After a while,the second yogi turned to first and said,
  "Do you think we should tell him where the stones are?"

Have a good time and a good start into the Year of the Rabbit

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "PaliGap" <compost1uk@...> wrote:

> -- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" jr_esq@ wrote:
> >
> > MMY should have walked on water, heal the sick, raise the dead,
performed miracles, and rise from the dead.  That would have ended all
doubts from all nonbelievers.