--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, blusc0ut <no_reply@...> wrote:
<snip>
> But I do know that many people outside of TM recommend using
> a mantra also outside of meditation, during routine work,
> also called Japa. I don't know why this came into disfavor
> with TM.

Because it "divides the mind"? It's recommended (or was
when I learned TM) that one keep one's full attention on
what one is doing in activity.

> TM uses it for children, the so called walking mantra.

I thought kids use the walking mantra during 10-minute
periods when they just walk around, or are playing
quietly by themselves.  In other words, meditation is
kept pretty much distinct from activity even for them. Am
I wrong?