Refer to statement of Dr. Greg Goode, previously posted, especially his last
sentence.
As I understand what he's saying, the "real" question of importance is, does
anything exist? If existence is real, (i.e. not the null-set); then we can
redefine it (existence) as dream-like conventionality.
Then, dream-individuals are consistent with this existence. They exist, can be
located, have names like Maharishi and Ramana, and can be located in the dream
world as occupying space/time; and are distinguished from other individuals.
Similarly, dogs, cats,..etc; are not persons but are individual entities.
Thus, Ramana was able to say that the cow Lakshmi had attained
Self-Realization; as an individual animal disguishable from the other animals
at the Ashram such as the crow, dog, etc (some of whom were given personal
Names)..

Dr. Goode says: