An excellent point Jim, along those lines I realized the value of ancient
Indian wisdom's insistence on dharma, not that it leads to an awakening
necessarily but is tremendously important after it. It's quite possible to
indulge in socially unacceptable activities after awakening because of this
non-attachment so having right samskaras before it helps tremendously. I wish I
had this knowledge before :-)