In a message dated 8/1/05 12:17:55 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Uh, no.  Scranton is currently running for the
Republican *nomination* against two other
candidates (one of them a former football player
name of Swann).  It's more likely conservative
Republican supporters of one of the others who
are pushing this.
Oh, well I must have confused it with the time in 1986 when the Democratic candidate did the same thing. I doubt the media would bring it up until he had the Republican nomination. Sounds  more like Ed Rendell is afraid of those polls to me. Sorry.