Beautifully stated !!
I always prided myself on being an individual. But around Amma there's
lot of drama people want to be close to her proximity, in power
positions or would like to sing with the Swamis, it is nothing new and
gets repeated over and over again. I did get bitten by this bug from
time to time but Amma showed me that the real action was inside of me,
not outside and not that happens in close proximity to her.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_reply@...> wrote:

> What is a saint, liberate or realized one? It has nothing to do with
relative things, actions, styles, behaviors, words, clothes, ashrams,
number of followers, smiles, knowledge. They are that silence,
stillness, wholeness. Period. Nothing more nothing less. It would appear
(and appearances can be misleading) that when people obsess about
physical proximity, interactions, being close to, being a favored one,
being in or towards an imaginary inner circle to a realized one, the
joke is on them, they are missing the point. They have missed the whole
thing.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "whynotnow7" whynotnow7@ wrote:
> >
> > "the "let-me-tell-you-[how-]close-I was-to Maharishi" rap that seems
to be hard wired into these guys."

> > Funny how both sides of the coin exhibit this conceit. There are a
couple of our chums here on FFL who are often making the distinction
that they were TM teachers and/or knew someone who knew someone who knew
someone who knew Guru Dev, and therefore these Maharishi critics know
exactly what is wronger and worser and badder and fakier about MMY than
anyone else, and that their opinions carry more weight because of this
extra most special relationship with the TM Gurus. Oddly enough the
initials of these two spell "TV" and they have about as much credibility
as many of the programs shown on that medium.

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <geezerfreak@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yep, he ran a bunch of that on me as well....the
"let-me-tell-you-close-I was-to Maharishi" rap that seems to be hard
wired into these guys. He even felt compelled to tell me that he was on
the plane with M's body back to India. So there! I heard a load of that
a few weeks ago from another guy, at whose house Judith Bourque was
staying. (By the way, this guy now claims that he knew about the sexual
activities of M all along, but that it's A-OK with him since he's
Maharishi after all, who can do no wrong! But that's another story for
another time.)

> > > Like you, I was surprised and, truth be told, probably flattered
that I received a long e-mail back from him a few hours after he
received my own long winded rant.

> > > His tone was respectful, but he did say that he had no interest
whatsoever in the topics presented in the David Wants To Fly film, that
his only interest was in continuing his teaching. That (and several
other comments) led me to write another long response where, among other
things, I asked "why, if you have no interest in the film, did you agree
to get up in front of a roomful of MUM students to discuss this film
that you have no interest in?"

> > > Back and forth it went but the last communication from him was a
simple "I agree with much of what you say." I may be delusional but I
thought perhaps a door had been opened, if only a crack.

> > > Man, it so great to have you writing here again Curtis!
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues"

with Bob.  I can remember when I too believed that any problem in the
movement could be faced and solved. It comes from a deep conviction in
the goodness of it all and it is hard not to root for the guy.

was constructed on sand.  Life's tragi-comedy played out for all to see
on the mighty Youtube.  I could see Bob referring to his years in the
movement, his proximity to Maharishi, even quoting how Maharishi praised
him for being sincere which in the old days was more than enough for us
to turn our intellect Vita-Mixers off for an evening of imputing the
"newest thinking" unimpeded with the speed bumps of "you're just making
this shit up as you go along aren't you?"

gets lost by dressing her up Jonbenet Ramsey style and making her sing
about being a cowboy sweetheart and will make you all enlightened up if
you faithfully do it.  So enlightened that NATURE itself (wink wink
nudge nudge coughsGOD) will support you.  As my MIU diploma says the
graduates' impulses of desire will be supported by ALL the laws of
nature.  And all the puppy dog tails will be made of liquorish and the
fountains will flow with whatever is the latest micro brew concoction
from those Seattle brewers who spend all day thinking "how can we get
more of a citrus note in this pilsner?" God love em!

that I was, in a bizarre way, admiring his talk since he was doing what
I did for years.....only better!

regular guy, how weird could this really be" schtick. But Bobby really
does have it down cold.

days, I 100% believe that Bob is trying to be honest in his expressed
thoughts. He really IS a very nice man, of that I have no doubt. I feel
like we could hang and probably have a great time.

about what he got from MMY, but who clearly knows that there are things
that need to be fixed, things that are just plain screwed up about the
current TMO. Best to leave it at that for now.

"oh shucks" Jerry style movement spokesperson.  But he has some facts
wrong.  He claims in this section that I started a group called TM-EX.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mexX2Q3-giY&NR=1

was still teaching in 85, I left in 89 I think.  Later in one of the
videos he basically says all the dissenters were around 75 and that they
had all used too many drugs!  Of course to these MIU kids all these
dates might as well be 1963!

handful of people involved with that name because some of them were
suing the movement and I felt it would hurt the credibility of my
criticism of the movement.  The reason my name got associated with them
is because I came to an event they were holding in protest of a flying
course in DC to be interviewed by the Washington City Paper. Although we
shared some of the same criticisms of the movement, our interest in what
we considered to be the most important issues was very different.  Some
of them believed that they had been psychologically harmed by TM which I
did not.

part, the inclusion of the detail of my full name lent a specific
credibility to his statements which is undeserved in this case.  Like
most fulltime people Bob seems unaware of what guys like me are
specifically criticizing in the movement.

book doesn't have any corroborating details.  It has many.

fascinated because I used to do the same thing but not quite as well (he
has had more practice!)  He is unaware that he is not satisfying the
questioners and is relying on his absolute confidence and conviction and
his stating his intention to be open.(without needing to be so) It is
all so well intentioned and earnest that it is a bit touching to see him
get chewed up by those crusty Euro-students.  It was like seeing a boxer
from another era, past his prime, getting his lights punched out.  I
kinda felt for the guy.  I cheered against him when he tried to roll
Judith, but cheered for him when he wasn't buying that anyone has
hovered. Perhaps the lamest point was the attempt at self-effacing humor
that he was  "old" at age 60 so he couldn't remember the questions.  He
must have felt how old he was in that room full of those
wipper-snappers!  But it isn't that he is old, it is that he is a
square.  He really can't relate to the kids on a level beyond schtick.
They knew he wasn't really leveling with them and he knew they knew.  I
was riveted on all the videos, this was epistemological theater, a drama
of earnest confidence against a tsunami wall of internet savvy
WTF!!!served up through the youthful beards and the natural pompous
piercing lances of youth.  Those kids will be just fine and must have
had a great laugh about the things gramps tried to lay on them back in
their high-bandwidth cyber-dorms.  And then some lusty banging doing all
the things that Bob gave up so he couldn't even imagine that Maharishi
had more in common with them then with him.