--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> In segment 9 of 14 TM spin doctor Robert Roth passes on the same old lies
> about the TM mantras:
>
> 1. They're "Vedic" [none of the TM mantras appear in the Vedas, they're all
> tantric and therefore non-Vedic].
>
> 2. They have no meaning [an entire class of tantric literature contains the
> specific meanings of all the tantric mantras, which includes all of the TM
> mantras, and many, many more. These dictionaries were published decades ago
> in the west, but have existed in India for many centuries].
>
> This shows once again how poorly instructed TM mantra salesman ("teachers" or
> "governors") are. They know no actual mantra shastra. Roth merely passes on
> the misinformation he was taught to spread, a deviation from pure teachings
> on mantra, displaying his ignorance to anyone with some knowledge of mantra.
> One can see why the movement is targeting a market segment that is likely NOT
> to be clued into such wisdom: baseball players, underprivileged Native
> Americans, recovering addicts, third world countries, etc. Such vampires prey
> on the public's naivete.

What you say maybe true about mantras, but to think that TM teachers and the
TMO are intentionally targeting ignorant people is not, imo.  I would say 99.9%
of people on the planet are ignorant about high level teachings on mantra, if
there are such teachings.  You don't have to look too far to find someone who
wants to reduce stress and anxiety and has no knowledge whatsoever about the
Vedas or tantra.