As you can probably tell, I've been on an Eva Green
kick lately. :-) Knowing that she was about to appear
as Morgan Le Fay in the STARZ "Camelot" TV series,
I went back to catch up on some of her past perform-
ances. So I watched the extended director's cut of
Ridley Scott's "Kingdom Of Heaven." I had to watch
that version because 7/8 of her performance got cut
out of the theatrical version. I thought she was
good in it. Then I watched her in "Camelot" and felt
that she was as good as the material permitted her
to be.

But today I watched her in a 2009 film called "Cracks,"
which I am given to understand is English girls school
slang for "crushes." And lo and behold there is again
a Scott Connection -- the writer and director of this
film is Ridley Scott's daughter Jordan. She is some-
one to watch; this movie is good.

And Eva Green finally lives up to my expectations for
her as an actress. Her performance in this film can and
should be compared to the best work of Isabelle Adjani.

She plays the glamorous diving instructor at a remote
girls school full of young women who were all pretty
much sent there for a few months by their parents
several years ago, and are finally figuring out that
their parents are never going to come to take them
home. The girls have "cracks" on their worldly mentor,
and she has cracks on them. When a new girl arrives,
and the teacher develops a crack on her, we start to
learn that there are other kinds of cracks in the
teacher's worldly facade.

Jordan Scott does her daddy proud. This is as good a
film as most of his, and many of Francois Truffaut's.