> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@> wrote:
> >
> > What is truly funny (and kinda sad) is that it was JUDY
> > who suggested to turqb that he consider a career in writing
> > after he posted his story of Clint Eastwood and the holy
> > socks on alt.meditation.transcendental. I suspect that he
> > has forgotten who first publicly told him to go for it...
>
> I have to admit that I'm surprised you would
> remember a thing like that. I don't. It probably
> made no impression on me because when it was sup-
> posedly said I had been writing and selling short
> stories, humor, and articles for 30 years or more.
> I had had a "career in writing" (meaning a regular
> job at which I got paid for writing) for 20 years
> at that point.  :-)

Well, that's what *I* thought, that Barry had been
writing since long before he joined alt.m.t.

I didn't remember telling Barry he should be a writer.
I didn't even remember the Clint Eastwood story. I
managed to track it down on alt.m.t, and the person
who commented that Barry should be "a writer by trade"
was one BobBNA, not moi.

Sheesh, Lawson!