--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> >
> > Nabs,
> >
> > Thanks for the update on these hawks.
>
> It's interesting to see how she has tucked that newspaper
> around her. Could it be The New York Times ?

How the heck did it get in the nest? When I took a look
fairly early this morning, it wasn't there. Did it just
blow in, or what? Bobby didn't bring it in, did he?

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Violet just checked her eggs, they seem to be fine :-)

According to a hawk expert who's answering questions
about the upcoming Blessed Events, the more often she
checks the eggs, the closer the chicks are to hatching.
Once she starts feeling them pecking at the inside of
the shell while she's sitting on them, she'll get up
frequently and peer at them to see how it's going.

It can take half a day for a chick to emerge; and the
three eggs won't all hatch at once. I can only watch
for a couple of minutes at a time, and every time I
looked in today she was just sitting quietly, so
either I'm missing it when she gets up, or there isn't
a lot of action yet.