From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Alex Stanley
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2011 7:19 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Adyashanti in Fairfield

 The best description I've come across is "Western Nondual Tantra." To label
Waking Down as Neo-Advaita is to completely, utterly NOT understand what
Waking Down is. In WD, there is *never* any dismissal of the local,
individuated self. Go to a Neelam satsang, OTOH, and that's all she does...
"it is just story", "it is just story", over and over and over. Ugh!

Some years ago, at the annual WD Transfiguration Retreat, Saniel actually
made a disparaging comment about Neo-Advaita. It was during the morning
meeting, in which the participants were divided up into two groups, and I
wasn't in Saniel's group that day, so I didn't hear it. But, Krishna Gauci,
who was one of the Papaji lineage teachers before he was WD, was one of the
teachers in the room, and he did not take kindly to Saniel's comment at all.
Apparently, Saniel and Krishna got into a very heated and passionate dialog.

I just completed my 2nd interview with Saniel and Linda today, and we
discussed this topic quite a bit, as we did in last week's interview.