--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:
<snip>
> As I've stated here before I view religions as a mind
> control device invented by kings to keep their minions
> under control.  It was cheaper and more reliable than
> having a bunch of thugs running around to keep the
> minions in line.

Except that in many cases the kings needed thugs to
keep the minions in line with the religion.

My last name is Stein rather than Pierre because Louis
XIV had his thugs persecute and terrorize non-Catholics
after the Revocation of the Edict of Nantes in 1685. As
Huguenots (Protestants), my father's family had to flee
to Germany (where they translated the family name from
French to German).