--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wave of

Cardmeister?

either 'new' or

> > > Found on the web:
> > >  " It is the time of day that East Indians call Navasvan
(Newself);

> > Oh, then the second component (svan) must be a form of 'sva'
> > that at least I have never encountered.
> >
> > 1 sva (poss. refl.) one's own (often ---). m. n. one's self (in
the
> > obl. cases also used as a pronoun, cf. {Atman}); m. & f. {A} a
> > kinsman or relation, a man or woman of one's own caste; n.
property,
> > wealth, riches.
>
> Maybe its that?: RV IV.34.v5
> 5a aá vaajaa yaatópa na RbhukSaa mahó naro dráviNaso gRNaanaáH
>    a aá vaajaaH yaata úpa naH RbhukSaaH    b maháH naraH dráviNasaH
> gRNaanaáH
>
>   c aá vaH piitáyo .abhipitvé áhnaam imaá ástaM navasvà iva gman
>    c aá vaH piitáyaH abhipitvé áhnaam    d imaáH ástam *navasvàH*

Yeah, I found that too. That might be the only occurrence
of that word in RV. Where did you find the pada-paaTha, or
is it your own rendering? Someone *might* have read 'navasvaH'
a bit incorrectly, as 'navasvaN'(or 'navasvah' as 'navasvan').
Or, then again, it might be an intentional "misreading", because
'navaswan' sounds "better"...

iva gman