They're combining photographs, and it's been
going on for decades,  the main difference between
this guy and someone like Jerry Uelsman, the grandaddy
of photograph manipulation, is that these people are taking
the same photo at different times, or using different
exposures or whatever.  But the idea is still almost
exactly the same.  I like many of the photos on the
link you gave, while others look to me like something
out of the nightmares of someone like Thomas Kincaide.
Anyway, I've always loved Uelsman at least in part
because he doesn't try to sell you the idea that
they're *not* fake~~more honest, IMO.
http://bit.ly/lNw2wc