--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Llundrub" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > ----So I will be healed when I kill the rats and wasps? Or they will
> be healed?  Or I should just make reallly really good friends with
> them. Invite them in, set places at the table and even keep a few of
> each in my pockets?
>
> Sometimes we can make telepathic contact with animals (including
> insects) and let them know our wishes; sometimes they will even listen
> to us and cooperate! Try reading J. Allen Boone's "Kinship with all
> Life," and/or Machaelle Small Wright's "Behaving as if the God in All
> Life Mattered" for nice examples of interspecies communion and
> cooperation. And sometimes we just gotta kill 'em. But it never hurts
> to try the other route first -- as mentioned, sometimes it works :-)
>
> ----You know what?  I actually like most bugs.  Spiders especially are
interesting, and I sometimes blow mantras on them. In fact, at work I had a
little hopping spider jump on me, so I said some mantras and told it how cute
it was and then put in in a corner. Next week it came back and it was ten times
larger....

I can see the headlines now:  GIANT SPIDER EATS NEW ORLEANS!