Dear Turq, interesting critique.
Different now from a decade or two ago around here (the TM Movement) is that
meditating folks do not really want very much from the TM org any more.  So
there is not that leverage over people using 'that need to belong' over them.
There is very little need for access.  Fewer kids needing financial aid.  Just
a couple hundred getting money as financial aid from Howard Settle to be
employed as full time practicing meditators in the domes.  The lifer-staff
people are a small circle.  The lifer-staff are potentially the victims
remaining who could be left vulnerable to spritual bullying.  Generally  there
is no longer  a need to meat out access to Maharishi or access to a powerful
center.  Most people of the old TM-movement have melted away.  Yes, there is a
goodwill around about meditating but, there are lots of options otherwise for
spiritual progress now.

The TM-movement is nearly irrelevant even in Fairfield, except that they
facilitate a large group meditation up there, and still offer to teach a
meditation to some in the general public.  Yes there are some people hold up,
like Bevan in Vedic City and some people around him.  But not many.  Some of
the potential nuts who still would be inclined to terrorize people are around,
but not many.  As was described to me by one of Bevan's direct peers in the
movement the other day, Bevan's lack of social skills is an essential problem
still.  However, over the years most of the real nuts have either died, drifted
away, and in some cases got shunned by some of the better angels in the middle.
 TM is at a different point from the cult of Scientology but the similarities
are instructive.  Thanks.  To be forewarned is to be fore-armed, as the olde
saying goes.  You've obviously seen a lot.

I love you,
-Buck