Loebsack sees bin Laden photos

U.S. Rep. Dave Loebsack saw the gruesome photos of Osama bin Laden's corpse
Thursday, and he immediately concluded that President Barack Obama was right to
withhold them from public view.

"It's clear to me that if the photos were released, our troops would be in more
jeopardy, and the chances of retaliation would be increased," he said. "And it
could put American citizens traveling abroad or living abroad in more danger as
well."

The Iowa Democrat was invited to view the photos at CIA headquarters because he
is a member of the House Armed Services Committee. He was the only Iowa member
of Congress to have the opportunity.

He declined to describe the photos in detail. "I think it's fair to say our
troops did their job and did it well," he said of the shooting's results, which
reportedly included a massive head wound.

http://tinyurl.com/44huj8k