On the TTC/Fiuggi 1972  course, I listened to him categorically deny the
possibility of a fully enlightened person returning to manifestation
after the stream of his/her prana merged into the ocean of prana.

I knew enough Buddhism (Dr. Alfonso Verdu, 1969-1972) to know this
opinion was contradicted by Mahayana. Later I read Shankara's Brahma
Sutra Bhasya (remember how it was totally useless for us
"less-than-UC" people to read?). Shankara makes the points I
listed so I don't need to go to Chaitanya or Longchenpa.

However, I remember exiting last lifetime (in a rage) and entering this
lifetime to witness the breach birth (but uninvolved with it). I
described this to the Lama knowing that the Tibetan bardo teachings hold
that we are only like leaves in the karmic winds … without the power
of directing anything.

He listened intently but gave no opinion. He knows I'm just another
Joe yet he never said anything. Perhaps he thinks it is only delusion
but he seems willing to wait and see, since he does not necessarily
accept every yak-yak about the bardo.

I haven't explored the in-between simply because we will all be
there soon enough anyway.

Except Curtis and maybe you. Total annihilation is what some people
yearn for in this life. For them death is not enough.