But "Little Boy", the first atomic bomb, was a very clear example
of recognizing and using what nature really is, as opposed to
trying to impose completely absurd proncouncements about
how nature "should" be, which is how the TMO generally functions.

And they were "alpha" particles, not "alfa" particles.  It is
neutron bombardment that splits uranium nuclei, which produces
both alpha particles (helium nuclei with no electonrs) and a
neutron cascade, which ultimately produces either a controlled
nuclear fission reaction (as in nuclear power generation0, or an
uncontrolled nuclear fission reacion (as in Hiroshima).

The reason so many of the physicists who collaborated on the
first atomic bomb (and later developments of the hydrogen bomb)
were Polish, Hungarian, German, etc., is that many of them were
Jewish and would have been very dead had they remained in
their homelands in the 1933 to 1945 period.  Without Nazi
anti-Semitism, Hitler would most likely have been the first
to produce (and undoubtedly to use) the atom bomb.  England
literaly might well not be an inhabitable island currently if
Hitler hadn't hated Jews, and the US might well be a colony of
Germany.  One conclusion is that 6 million Jews died in exchange
for the Western world not being a German-occupied territory.

And if that doesn't stir up some discussion, I haven't had nearly
enough tequila tonight...   :-)