--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
<snip>
> > I didn't get the sense that Willer drew any
> > causal conclusions, BTW.  My subject line
> > was a bit of hyperbole to attract attention;
> > sorry if it colored your reading of the
> > article.
>
> OK, I'll have to read it now.... I wonder it they looked at
> lebianophobic attitude increases in women? It just seemed odd that
> they looked at the Iraq war and SUV's - 2 hot button political
> topics not generally seen together.  I guess it will get press.

The article I posted doesn't say where, or even
if, the study was actually published.  I'd be
curious to read it too, but what I posted was
all there was, or all I could find.  If you turn
up the actual study, please let me know!

I do suspect they asked the same attitude
questions of both the men and the women.  But
war, the environment, and homosexuality *are*
often asked about together in surveys of
political attitudes, and I'll bet the responses
normally tend to be skewed by gender.

SUVs, though, I dunno.  I'd think women are
typically more pro-environment, but on the other
hand they're the ones who have to ferry kids
around (the soccer mom factor).