--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:
<snip>
> After all, just the other day Sal characterized Calcutta
> as "a remote hideaway in one of the remotest locations
> in the world."

And she said of Guru Dev that his "very existence was almost
unknown outside of a small group of his followers."

I guess Sal's view is that anything to do with India must
be small and mean and insignificant. One of India's largest
cities is a "remote hideaway"; one of the Big Four of
Hinduism had only a "small group" of followers.

Seems like as far as Sal's concerned, it's gotta be Amurrican
to have any importance.

Also according to Sal, Guru Dev committed suicide, and hardly
anybody noticed when he died.