authfriend:
> I *understand* that Barry is deathly afraid to read
> anything I write (and why), but others here have
> answered his questions about free-will-as-illusion as
> well, yet he keeps asking the same questions they've
> already answered.
>
> Apparently he's also deathly afraid of encountering
> a rational case for the illusion premise, because he
> so desperately needs to believe in free will. So he
> simply doesn't read anything he thinks might present
> such a case. Rather than debug the faulty routine
> he's created, he'd rather keep running it unaltered
> and have it crash every time. That way he can point
> to it triumphantly and proclaim, "See? I told you it
> doesn't compute!"
>
> Garbage in, garbage out, Bar.

"Determinism is the general philosophical thesis that
states that for everything that happens there are
conditions such that, given them, nothing else could
happen..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Determinism
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Determinism>

"Free will is the apparent ability of agents to make
choices free from certain kinds of constraints..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will>