> > Apparently it's much more difficult to actually
> > provide a link to the Maharishi on YouTube. LoL!!!

turquoiseb:
> Mike Myers is a better actor, as well as possibly
> a more credible guru.
>
> :-)

Maybe so, but just for the record, I love 'charlatans'
like the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, Zen Master Rama,
Swami Rama, and Deepak Chopra. I learn something
everyday and learn something from everyone.

But, these guys obviously can't hold a candle to
all of your life's accomplishments! :-)

> More seriously, is there anyone here who would not
> be comfortable with one of Maharishi's private
> journals emerging -- in his own handwriting -- in
> which he admits that he considered *himself* a
> charlatan and a fake guru from Day One? It wouldn't
> faze me in the least, no more than it would if a
> similar journal was found penned by Rama - Frederick
> Lenz, or even by the Buddha himself.
>
> Only those whose egos are so large that they
> think that no one could possibly fool them would
> IMO be upset with such a discovery. Me, I know
> better. I know full well -- from experience -- that
> I can be fooled by a good act, a good spiel, and
> a good costume. It's *no problem* for me to admit
> that. IMO the very thing that allows charlatanry
> to proliferate and succeed is the suckers' ego-
> based inability to believe that they could be
> fooled. That belief is synonymous for me with
> "already being a fool."

So, now you know why MMY was always laughing and
giggling! It must be a real high to realize that
people like you were hanging on his every word,
when the instructions for TM are so simple, that
I could teach TM to about anyone in a couple minutes
- you and some others spent what, a decade trying
to learn the mechanics of consciousness and at times
you still don't seem to understand much.