--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Cliff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Your data reference that 90%+ are Africanized, please?  From what I
can see on
> the web, Africanized bees have spread to much of the southwest, but
> I could find no reference stating that 90%+ of all bees in those
areas
> were Africanized.

I live in Tucson. We rent property here. We've had 3 or 4 hives
removed from our property in the past few years. The beekeepers who
remove them told us this. The assumption they make is that ANY hive
is now africanized unless it's a commercial hive.

The biological factis that once africanized bees arrive, they
automatically takeover. They are more agressive, and the queens hatch
3 days earlier than european queens, so they automatically take over
any mixed hive since the first actof a new bee queen, african or
european, is to kill all rivals before they hatch.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Cliff"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > I'm curious why you would "africanize" the bees, Sparaig?  There
> > > was no hint of this prior to your comment.
> >
> > Shemp said they were in a desert. Estimates are that 90+% of all
wild
> > bees in the US southwest are Africanized...
> >
> > If he meant a northern desert, disregard.
> >

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > little
> > unfolds