--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>
wrote:

> -- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > LOVE IT! THANKS. GOT MY ATTENTION. You prove my pet theory: when a person's
> > first person perspective comes—unwittingly, adventitiously—through their
> > so-called attempts at a third person perspective (e.g. what you are telling
> > me here)—and what you get is strong and healthy—then time to: BECOME ALERT.
> >
> > I am, via your post, alerted to the contingent solipsistic tendency in me—I
> > have never shaken this since I was a small child. But you are the first
> > person on this blog to convince me I should be aware of the need to mortify
> > this temptation whenever my putative enlightenment is undergoing a
> > vivisection.
>
> It kind of comes with the territory of discussing your experience doesn't it?
>  I wasn't suggesting that you were more that way than I would be if I were
> doing the same.  It wasn't as pointed as that.  I was speculating on why
> Turq's reaction was different than my own in relating to you here.  I could
> understand why he went that way, but for me it is not how I believe I will
> get the most from our interaction.  I would never take part in a vivisection
> of someone's important inner life.  (well that doesn't mean I can NEVER come
> off like an asshole here!)  We all have to set our own boundaries for
> discussions here.  It is easy to be kind of flip and mean with things other
> people cherish.  I mean if you came back and said blues is repetitive crap
> played by people who never mastered the guitar, I really wouldn't care, even
> though I like it so much.  As the Roman's say, there is not accounting for
> taste.  But no matter how much the blues is my life, it is never my identity
> so I don't personalize someone's different musical taste as a statement about
> me. It is about them. And it does tell me something about the person.
>
> But when dealing with the identity level experiences in Maharishi's programs
> or other spiritual experiences, we don't have that separation usually.
> Although I think it is intellectually healthy to develop that ability.
>

> > Will try to maintain some credibility on this blog, as I have already
> > learned a lot (e.g. CDB on the blues). You'll keep me honest, Curtis. No
> > doubt about THAT.
> >
> > So, as GWB said: Bring it on.
>
> I took some time to connect with you on an emotional level first so we could
> see each other through the kinder lens of rapport.  I cherish my skepticism
> about all things spiritual, but I don't want to be a dick about it.  I want
> to relate to people here as if we have already had our first beer and found
> out we both love Mario Batali's regional Italian cooking show. (Do you get
> him up there, he is my Italian cooking guru from the food network.)
>

> > I am aware that the Mission is NOT Accomplished (mission = perfect
> > self-knowledge, perfect disinterestedness, perfect understanding).
>
> Acknowledgement of being human is always a good start. Frankly if you said
> [...]

RESPONSE: I got intellectually swarmed after starting to post on this blog, so
after reading this post of yours, I just attempted to fight off all my
closing-in-for-the-kill critics.

I have never had the experience afforded to me by posting on this blog: the
kinds of conversations and disputes that erupt spontaneously and
never-endingly. It has, in a certain way, been quite wonderful for me, as I
have found myself forced to respond in a multitude of different ways to the
omnidirectional bullets fired at my head.

I can't even account for my experience exactly; all I know is that, since I put
down my enlightenment days, I have never had such a necessary work-out—and not
just by my mind. I have found myself forced to draw upon everything I have to
survive the testing and provocation that has come my way.

I am really quite grateful, especially for being able to get down that lengthy
post this Sunday. After getting all that business out, I felt: Ah, I have
explained my heterodox view of enlightenment and Hindu spirituality (as taught
to my body and soul by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi).

I am not sure how long I will continue to post here, as my motive is purely
selfish—at least in this sense: I wish to make use of the prickly, abrasive,
pungent, agile, and sparkling minds that I have encountered on this blog. I
don't know, but it feels as if, without necessarily any conscious awareness of
this, that as a whole, the persons who contribute to this blog make up a
distinct, unique intellectual community. I never knew I would be doing so many
wind-sprints so soon. I thought I might come close to puking for a while
there—but all in the nice sensation of the kind of calisthenics which make
one's body limber and flexible—and ready to be jostled as one tries to stay in
one's own lane.

The best, most hospitable and exhilarating response has come from yourself. I
hope I do not do anything to jeopardize this generosity and trust.

I haven't tried Mario's recipes, but I like Jimmy Fallon a lot, and JF is
effusive in his love for MB—who is manifestly loveable.

If we do ever meet, I know it will be fast, intense, and break-down funny.

Meanwhile, you can be sure I have profited from your counsel regarding what
goes on around here (i.e. the character of and the characters on, this blog).

And the orientation I should have to make the most of the privilege of posting
here.

(By the way, I had no idea there was 50 post limit, and I thank the powers that
be for making an exception for this "newbie"—that is, in not meting out the one
week banishment.)

The only thing I will never agree to, is to try to get Enlightened once again.

What a loss you must have been for the Movement.

They're still grieving.