--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "PaliGap" <compost1uk@...> wrote:

> I'm with you and your beloved on this one Ravi! I found this
> first-hand account of UC to be extremely odd indeed. Not that
> I'm one of the experts here on the ins and outs of states
> of consciousness. But, and I'm sorry to say this MZ, I found
> it frankly rather unattractive and distasteful. Congrats are
> certainly in order for your having freed yourself from this
> "state of consciousness". I'm inclined to think Rick was
> quite reasonable in gently questioning whether what MZ thought
> was UC, WAS UC, (It's a lovely expression that: "I thought I
> knew").
>
> And call me simple if you like - but in "unity", who would
> be "besting" who? And, more to the point, why?

You are indeed right, it is unattractive and distasteful, who can best
whom, this is Enlghtnmnt 101, I always find someone more intelligent,
some one more smarter, some one more hard working, some one more good
looking, some one more truthful than me.
Enlightenment is just being oneself, a state of absolute self-love
(narcissism as Barry would say) that then extends outwards, the unique
expression of divine, the divine admiring its own creation in its unique
limited localized manifestation and then all individuals are part of
this whole.
Regardless of my persona, I love Jim's simplicity of expression, Rory's
wordiness, Barry's creativity, Judy's intellect, your sense of humor,
Steve's sense of humor, RC's intellect, Curtis writing, Tom Pall's
racism (oops that didn't come out right,
Tom's..ummm..Tom's...uh..oh...gosh Tom can you please help me with this)
and so on and I find joy in all these expressions.