--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > BTW, for what it's worth, I have also noticed this subjective
> > or "predilection" component with places of power.
> >
> > There are some places that many people who are hip to
> > such things regard as "power places," spots where the
> > energies are "hotter" or "higher" or whatever, and thus more
> > likely to support refined spiritual experiences.  *However*,
> > when it comes down to it, not everyone reacts to the energy
> > of a famous (or previously unknown) power place the same
> > way.  The same place that opens up a "cubic centimeter of
> > chance" for one person that enables them to make a huge
> > spiritual breakthrough can, in someone else, reduce that
> > person to mindless terror or lock them even more firmly into
> > their established patterns of ignorance.
>
> The same phenomenon has been remarked upon with ET encounters --
> though apparently with repeated exposure the person can move through
> their terror and into awakening :-)

Rama had a good way of looking at the nature of power
places in my opinion.  He described them as *amplifiers."

What the power place does, to some extent, is to *amplify*
what is brought to it.  If you bring a positive and open state
of attention, that is what gets amplified.  If you bring a fearful
state of attention, well duh!...what do you think gets amplified?