--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bob Price <bobpriced@...> wrote:

> I'm pleased a couple of posters recently shared some of
> their fiction efforts with us. I also began posting on
> FFL to work on my writing voice. The reason I picked
> FFL was I figured what better place to develop my
> writing voice than a place where people seem to be
> hearing voices.

I'm replying to say that I liked your last line above.

But as for your characterizations of two of the writers
here, I think you may be off the mark. For the first,
I'm surprised after your mention of Joyce and Dickens
that you assume that the "age level" employed by a
writer reflects his own. My experience is that many
writers "write to" the emotional age of their readers.

As for the other writer you characterized as a reform
school mail censor, I think that's unfair and demean-
ing; reform schools have much higher standards than
that for their personnel.