--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>

> > You don't see any problem with falsely accusing someone
> > of sending you insulting private email and of not being
> > who they say they are. OK. As I've said so often, you
> > and I have very different ethical standards.
>
> It was a confusing situation as it unfolded Judy.  You are
> taking the worst possible spin on Barry as usual and missing
> the jokes in his email to whoever it was who was writing to
> him.  Being offended by this is such a lame choice IMO.

Oh, that's hilarious, Curtis. This all happened because
*Barry* put the worst possible spin on the email he got
from Dan. When I read Barry's initial post, the possibility
that Dan had been using his wife's account was the very
first thing that occurred to me.

Then Dan explained that he had sent what he wrote to
FFL as a public post, and Barry accused him of lying
(#267628):

"An email is never generated unless you purposefully
select an email address from the To: dropdown. I
assume that you did this, whether intentionally or
not, but now don't want to admit it."

It wasn't until blusc0ut and Alex confirmed that the
default behavior of Yahoo software in this situation
was a private email that Barry finally had to back
down.

And I didn't miss the "jokes." Because he assumed the
worst of Dan, he sent a joke that he *intended* to be
offensive to Dan's wife.

> > I do have to retract one thing I said: Barry *did*
> > apologize, via FFL, to Dan's wife once he was forced
> > to acknowledge his errors. He never apologized to Dan.
>
> So when the smoke cleared he realized it really was a
> person, a female person and he apologized.

He assumed *Dan* was the "female person" in question,
that Dan was a woman pretending to be a man. That was
the point of the "Myra Breckinridge" bit.

> It took a while to sort out but he came out decently
> in the end.

Again: The only reason it took awhile to sort out was
that Barry had assumed the worst of Dan, instead of
figuring the obvious, that there had been some sort of
mix-up because Dan had used his wife's account.

> I am not a fan of faux outrage myself so I guess he had
> his reasons for not believing Dan needed and apology.

Right. Nobody needs to apologize for making false
accusations in public. Again, you and I have very
different sets of ethics.