I only saw Trungpa once, in person. After his lecture my friend talked
to him and he advised giving up any mantra and just sitting with the
out-breath awareness - which was his recommendation for practice at the
time.

I don't know anything about Shambhala training but was never convinced
that learning it would add anything
significant to my practice. I am rather surprised to learn that they use
bija-mantras. I don't find much structure in Buddhist presentations
of mantra - just more "if you like Tara here is her main mantra, if
you like Akshobhya here is his bija and mula-mantra". Perhaps they
have refined it a bit based it upon the five Buddha family groups. Then
again, maybe not.

"Sakyong Ladrang" is just the fund-raining arm of the Shambhala
enterprise. The term means "this is where the Lama is residing". In
other words it has little meaning is itself. What is really means it
that the Shambhala program is another commercial mechanism for getting
more money out of clueless Westerners. Read it and weep.

That is Vag's tradition of "enlightenment" ... one which he
glorifies heartily.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "richardjwilliamstexas"