--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:
> Is that the sweetest thing you've ever seen? Nobody knows who they were
> or when this was taken (sometime in the late 1800s), but what a
> day-brightener from over a century ago.
>
> There are more charming smiling-Victorian photos here:
>
> http://www.howtobearetronaut.com/2010/06/smiling-victorians/
> <http://www.howtobearetronaut.com/2010/06/smiling-victorians/>

Marvelous. Many thanks.

(Old photos fascinate me. Keep 'em coming Yifu BTW. But these in
particular are wonderful for their alternative 'take' on the
Victorians. It's funny how we associate them with such high
seriousness by default. I suppose because they valued that, and
so posed that way for the most part. Whereas we value irony? I dunno.)