--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, William Parkinson <ameradian2@...>
wrote:

> Unlike Ravi, Jim, and perhaps Robin, I really find the whole notion of
not sleeping very troubling.

Bill, I have to clarify that I mostly sleep like a log now, I did
mention that I didn't sleep much for a few months during my Kundalini
descension and explained that I believe now that it was an unnatural
state since my body had decided it was under threat and probably never
triggered the right chemicals that would let me fall asleep.

> In any event I want to make this my last post on the subject, given
that it has developed into some side issues that I never meant to dig
> up.

No worries - welcome to FFL, threads veer off in all different
directions and several are hijacked for personal battles. Pretty soon
you will be familiar with the opposing players and if need be either
indulge or learn techniques to steer clear.

> Thx so much Barry. I took your admonishment seriously and I felt, and
do still feel, it was heartfelt. And yes you are right. I have taken
them at their word, even though I know this is such a subjective thing.
Nevertheless, even if they only got close to so-called 'Enlightenment'
it is very interesting to talk to them and see what state of mind they
were in and what effect it had on their personal lives.

I have to clarify that I have never used the "E" word, I only share my
experiences in the hope it might help or inspire someone. In fact I
frequently sometimes I think there's something wrong with me, my
personal situation is messed up, there's lot of strife,struggle in the
world, the problems require someone mature and responsible but yet here
I am I feel blissed out for no reason and act in a silly playful manner
like a child.

> Ravi, I would still be very interested in hearing what you have to say
concerning how, and in what way, these types of intense periods of
illumination has helped you.

I would have to first briefly describe these intense periods of
illumination. Over a period of 7 years I went through a several stages
which I would refer to as Kundalini ascension, each experience lasted a
week or 2 where as the energy ascended to my head I noticed heightened
sensitivity, intense emotions and toward the end, intense derealization
& depersonalization ending in a powerful surge of energy that would
leave me in an absolute dread and then boom it would be gone and I would
sleep exhausted. The end phase almost happened in the night time with
heightened senses as if on guard against an attack. I would return to
normal consciousness the next day.

I have to add a quick disclaimer here that I have never tried any
psychedelic drugs or never been on any prescription medication ever.
However the period above was followed by intense personal problems with
my marriage, wanting to feel love and be loved, being in a emotionally
abusive relationship.

I had a final intense one in 2009, however unlike the previous ones when
I got up the next morning I was in intense bliss, as if intense blissful
energy had entered in to me. This episode lasted 3 weeks and was one of
the 2 episodes of Kundalini descension, the other one in April-May last
year which everyone here is aware of because of my erratic behavior. The
first in 2009 for 3 weeks and second for 6 weeks. Unlike the previous
experiences which were very uncomfortable, this was pure bliss which
increased in intensity, I felt as if energy was descending in droves, as
each day progressed and at the end I went through a stage of psychosis
which helped my body, mind, ego to make the transition. The state of
psychosis was only a few hours during the first whereas in the second it
was much intense and over a period of 5 days. After I hit the peak, the
psychosis enabled me to survive, and it took me up to 2 weeks to
recuperate, I am awed and amazed at this experience and I can't believe
I made it out alive.

After the first Kundalini ascension experience passed I found in a
better, newer way of functioning, however total integration and
understanding on my part wasn't complete until last year and may be
still continues. Unlike many here with TM who seem to have a lot of
details on higher states of consciousness I had none, all I had was my
Guru's grace, blessings and my stubborn insistence on following my own
path.

Post my experiences I note a blissful center within myself, I continue
with the same habits, likes and dislikes however the lack or presence of
anything doesn't bother me in the least. My thoughts are not chaotic,
I'm very relaxed, very unhurried, there's no rush to be anywhere or do
anything, no anxiety, no fears, lack of personal boundaries, easily can
relate to anyone in a loving, friendly way, the others and the world
feels like an extension of myself and I cannot create any "suffering"
anymore. Since the mind is very still, doesn't make any "stories" I feel
happy and blissful for no reason, on the other hand sometimes I feel
deep incredible sadness as well. My awareness makes me meet the ever
changing reality as it is without any preconceived notions so it makes
me extremely adaptable and totally unruffled to any unexpected situation
that I come up with.