Wow, are we one dimensional?  I believe it's the sign of a developed being that
he or she can easily hold all the paradoxes.  Not only can I have it both ways,
but I must have it both ways and, beyond that, have it all ways that were, are
or ever will be, if I am to do any justice to truth and reality.  That's a lot
of ways.  I also believe that, ultimately, we must go beyond all the paradoxes
and polarities, including the polarity of good and bad (and that, of course,
doesn't mean that we rush out to do all the "bad" things we possibly can ASAP).

The truth of the matter, if anyone cares, is that, like Judith Bourke, who I
find to be a wonderful, honest person, I was in love with him (no, prurient
ones, not that way, though there are things I could say about that, too) and
the notion and seeming experience that TM could transform the world for the
better.  Why else would I work seven days a week for the movement for nearly
five years and pay significantly to do so?  Are we not all some blend of the
three gunas?  Aren't there glorious and dark things about all of us?

M was no different.  One of the most glorious things about him was his energy.
I lived and basked in it pretty much straight for the seven months I was skin
boy and for a lot of the five years I was with him.  I went through withdrawal
for two years when I lost it.

That's my voice in the background of DWTF when David cut to the archival
footage of M entering the hall with Jerry carrying the skin saying something
like, "It was like divine air came down from heaven and I got addicted to it."
Is that so very negative?

In one other sentence I said something like, "Remember how I said he could get
into you and help you sleep?  He could also get into you and completely
pulverize you."  Is that both "negative" and "positive"?  Of course,
one-dimensional believers would say having M pulverize you would be the
greatest blessing.  It could only be all positive.  But what if he did it
because he was pissed, out of sorts or sexually frustrated?  Yes, IME, he
definitely got sexually frustrated.  In my total reworking of his own words,
the only man in all of recored history that anyone knew about who lived beyond
the libido was Sukadeva.

I also said in the movie, "It took me a while to put the paradox together.  How
could he be wonderful and awful at the same time?  Well, that's just how it
was.  He was wonderful and awful at the same time."  David filmed me for over
two hours and he used the several minutes that suited his purpose in segueing
from the more positive part of the film to the more negative.

So I feel no conflict or contradiction in saying "In my experience, they still
carry a lot of his energy, as if the atoms and molecules have been entrained in
it. And, of course, in India, they would be holy objects to be revered. I have
kept them very well protected and have handled them very little over the
decades."  and

M abused women, devastated people right and left and was more concerned with
money than with treating people decently.

They're all simply true.  And so were all the other totally glorious aspects of
that intense, complex man.

Was anyone else in the movie theater that night in Fiuggi, or wherever it was,
when M's darshan got so strong that it made all the little, hanging crystals
dance extravagantly and tinkle together as if there were a small tornado
blowing through the hall?  And probably only I saw this, but when M first got
to Murren, the three mountain devas came to greet him.  IME, which of course
many of you would completely howl at, they had been waiting for someone for
centuries and thought, because of his light, that it might be M.  M went
completely silent and looked up at them for several moments while they
communed.  He wasn't who they were waiting for, they left and the lecture went
on.  And you should have seen the angel stations that congregated in the
intersections of the pathways between the puja tables in the halls where M made
teachers.  That's why he didn't like people walking around then.  I had to bust
right through one of them to get to him to tell him something urgent while he
was giving out the mantras.  The five or six angels in that one station took
off in all directions like they had been stung.  (There, three little
stories...)

For me, the truth holds a higher priority than rules about the truth or any
rules that are more about control than the highest good.  Perhaps I am wrong
about that.  Do my circumstances prove that, one way or another?  I think not.
In the actual words of the man himself, "Karma is unfathomable."  I do love
some of his sound bites.  Another one that would be appropriate here is "There
are no absolutes in the relative."

You're only confused because you're thinking one-dimensionally.  When you move
beyond that, try watching my interview in the film again.  You may, or may not,
see it slightly differently.

Thank you for eliciting this,