--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Denise Evans <dmevans365@...> wrote:

> This is great....

If only we had a president that would speak like that today or this:

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment
insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of
that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of
course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you
possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an
occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is
negligible and they are stupid." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

http://www.eisenhowermemorial.org/presidential-papers/first-term/documents/1147.cfm