From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of John
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 11:06 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Anniversary 1st man on the moon

There are some people, including Srila Prabhupada, who think that the moon
landing was a hoax. FWIW, Prabhupada thought that the Moon was further away
than the Sun. He also thought that there are spiritual beings and water on the
Moon. As such, in vedic literature, the Moon is the significator of soma and
abundance here on Earth.

Hmmm. I should have asked Radanath Swami about that. Maharishi once mentioned
something about the Pitṛs (spirits of departed ancestors), living on the moon.
I asked some skeptical question, mentioning how inhospitable the moon is, and
he looked at me like I was an idiot (just throwing ya’ a line, Nabby). I guess
he was referring to subtle beings. But why would they want to live there? Maybe
on the subtle level, the moon is a great place to live. All the green cheese
you can eat and stuff.