--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:

> On 07/23/2011 12:19 PM, wayback71 wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu<noozguru@>  wrote:

> >> Legalize all recreational drugs.  Use taxes from it to help educate
> >> people from grade school on up as to how these work and why people take
> >> them.
> > Bhairi - I work in a school.  Kids at all grade levels have been educated
> > for many many  years now, ad nauseum, about drug use, alcohol, smoking,
> > what it all does to the brain and body and not to start.  Things is, some
> > kids just do it all anyway and need some way to alleviate their
> > anxiety/stress/whatever.  Maybe it would help a bit if some rock stars come
> > out and do some ads suggesting never starting.  And also promote starting
> > to meditate, do yoga etc, as you suggest below. But lack of knowledge is
> > not the problem any more.
>
> I also meant to mention "peer pressure."  Some people can get into drugs
> and take or leave them.  I'm sure you've know people like that.  And
> others develop a dependency on drugs.  Many people feel a need to keep
> up with their peers.  They need to know that they shouldn't and it's
> even a bad idea.  The music scene is horrible to deal with unless you
> are real individual and stand up to the peer pressure that goes on there.
>
> People need to also understand themselves. Believe it or not I've seen
> codependency markers in horoscopes. But we can't expect a dumbass
> society to ever look at real horoscopes as a tool.

Years ago I spoke with someone who looked at the horoscopes of several
psychiatric patients in a particular psychiatrist's office (prior patient
permission given, but astrologer had no info on the patients other than
birthdate and time) and was able to tell the dr just what was going on with the
patients in terms of reason for the problem and diagnosis.  He did this while
in a graduate program at Harvard in the 70's. Never published, just an
experiment.  He says the psychiatrist was amazed at the accuracy and some of
the insights.  Astrology will never be taken seriously until some really good
research is done and redone to prove, or disprove, its accuracy.