> > On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 12:01 PM, wayback71 <wayback71@> wrote:
> > >

> > > Me,too.  Bevan and John did not invent the dome badge rules or the whole
> > > set of TMO rules.  The rajas and higher ups are simply following
> > > Maharishi's very clear and long standing policies.  I am sure that they
> > > believe that adjusting these rules would be the beginning of a slippery
> > > slide into all sorts of impurity of the teaching challenges.  They are
> > > devotees doing their  very best to honor their Master. These are MMY"s
> > > wishes and rules, and things will not change as long as this generation
> > > of devotees - who actually spent time with MMY - are in charge.  It is
> > > possible that if MMY were alive now, he would loosen things up, but no
> > > one in charge now will make that decision in Maharishi's place.  It is
> > > the way it is and will stay the same and Bevan and John can not be blamed
> > > for this.  Maharishi did this.

That is true. This is also their choice, and look where the meditating dome
numbers are.  At the time of M's death they were given responsibility  and
authority to manage as they see best.  Last summer the more conservative
elements inside won out over more progressive elements in re-affirming the old
guidelines as Maharishi had them and stiffening them some.  Substantially not a
lot has changed other than things like the students can wear bluejeans.

In more recent weeks they had to augment the apparent 'meditating' dome numbers
again by bringing another group of 200 Indian pandit boys over.  The criteria
for success is now shifted over to how many pandits they have chanting in Vedic
City from more strictly looking at the combined dome numbers that include the
pandits.  The fundamental problem evidently is in retaining meditators.