From: wle...@aol.com <wle...@aol.com>
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Fwd: This Week In News For Senator Rand Paul - July
30, 2011
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, July 30, 2011, 6:21 PM

  From: sena...@paul.senate.gov
To: wle...@aol.com
Sent: 7/30/2011 3:36:38
  P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: This Week In News For Senator Rand Paul -
  July 30, 2011

            RAND'S NEWSLETTER UPDATE

            JULY
              30, 2011

              In
              Kentucky
              It
              is always a pleasure meeting with Kentuckians and last week I had
              another opportunity to do just that. The Tea Party hosted a
              special event in Northern Kentucky, celebrating its
              two-year-anniversary, and I was honored to speak before the group
              of over 500 people. Read about my visit HERE.
              I spoke on a number of issues but mainly the debt problem we face
              and let me be clear that there is a tremendous amount of work
left
              to do to fix the debt ceiling. The solution - the Cut, Cap and
              Balance Act.
              Voted
              In Favor of Cut, Cap and Balance Act
              My
              Senate colleagues and I were given the opportunity to vote on the
              Cut, Cap and Balance Act, following its passage in the House of
              Representatives. As an original co-sponsor of the only plan that
              both raises the debt ceiling and solves our debt problem in the
              long-run, I confidently voted in its favor.
              Unfortunately,
              this reasonable and responsible proposal failed to pass the
              Senate. But this fight is not over. To read my statement after
the
              Senate vote on the Cut, Cap and Balance Act click HERE.
              An
              End To The Scare Tactics
              If
              President Obama were to support the Cut, Cap and Balance Act, a
              historic and much-needed bill, we would have averted the debt
              crisis he has made worse. Instead, the President took to the
              airwaves and threatened Americans with the possibility of
              defaulting on our debt. He insisted on using scare tactics rather
              than telling the truth. The truth is we have enough money coming
              in to keep paying out Social Security checks, the interest on our
              debt, and our soldiers' salaries. Read my response to President
              Obama's address HERE.
              have introduced a plan to ensure the United States does not
              default on its debt obligations in the event the debt ceiling is
              not raised. There is no reason whatsoever for Social Security
              recipients not to get a check, for an interest payment to be
              missed, or for our soldiers not to get paid. It is now the
              President's choice.
              Oppose
              Any Deal That Doesn't Balance
              Members
              of both chambers of Congress who wish to protect American
              taxpayers must stand together in opposition of any debt 'deal'
              that fails to balance. The stakes are too high to assume we can
              incur more debt without a serious plan to eventually balance our
              budget. Perpetual debt is unsustainable and the consequences are
              frightening.
              issued a letter
              to my House GOP colleagues in opposition to the debt limit
              extension bill that would increase our national debt by at least
              $7 trillion. It fails to change the current trajectory we're on
by
              failing to balance.
              refuse to allow House Republican and Senate Democrat leaders add
              TRILLIONS
              more to our national debt without a serious fix that will end
              Washington's spending addiction. One solution, which I strongly
              support, would increase the debt ceiling by $2.4 trillion but
also
              include a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution.
              Looking
              Next
              week, the situation should be clearer. The nation will know
              whether or not their elected officials intend to pass meaningful
              legislation that changes our currently unsustainable path or
              continue to default on the Constitution.
              Stay
              tuned for further updates as the situation develops. Also, next
              week, I plan to return to Kentucky and take part in the annual
              Fancy Farm Picnic. Hope to see you there!
              Media
              Wrap-Up
              This
              week I appeared on several news stations to discuss the most
              pressing issues of the day. These included: Your
              World with Neil Cavuto, Fox's
              Greta Van Sustern, CNN's
              John King, Freedom
              Watch with Judge Napolitano, Fox's
              Sean Hannity, and America
              Live with Megyn Kelly.

              Stay
              tuned for future updates. You can follow my official Twitter
              account HERE
              and subscribe to my YouTube channel HERE.
              Also, don't forget to become a fan of my official
              Facebook page for other timely updates.
              Warm
              Regards,

            To unsubscribe from
              Rand's newsletter, please visit the unsubscribe
              page