On Aug 1, 2011, at 7:27 AM, maskedzebra wrote:

>> Yikes.
>> This *is* satire, right Robin?
>> At least some of it?
>> Sal
>>
> Dear Sal Sunshine:
>
> This query of yours sort of caught me by surprise. So I decided to reread my
> letter to Tom.
>
> You know, Sal, from one point of view, I can see how it could be seen to be
> "satire".

Yes, the satirical viewpoint.  Believe it or not,
that's the one I was talking about.

> But I can assure you, if this is true, then it means that my unconscious had
> a very different agenda from my conscious mind.

This is not unusual, IME.

> Because the intent was most sincere.
>
> It would, however, be somewhat disastrous should either Tom or turquoiseb
> choose to see my posts in this other way.

I'm not sure if FFL could survive a disaster of
this magnitude, but we'll see.

> Let us hope they are able to grasp my real purpose, and it does not enter
> into their thoughts that what *you* say here could be true.

Perish the thought...

> I am going to get a fast Yagya done [from India] on this very issue: To
> insure that Tom and now turquoiseb *do not misinterpret me*.

A fast yagya~~would that be called a McYagya?

> I think it was a failure in me to have (unintentionally) created this kind of
> ambiguity, Sal.

Yes, Robin it was~~and I suggest you get right on it
and correct this failure ASAP.  Because I *know* it
couldn't have been me.

> But that's what friends are for, and I thank you for forcing me to clarify
> this matter.

Anytime.  I'm always up for pointing out what appears to
be wrong with someone else. :)

> Robin
>
> P.S. Hey, Sal. I just reread read my letter to Tom *again*. And yes, I think
> a case can be made for "at least some of it" to be seen as "satire".
> But this is purely accidental—and the pundits will resolve this matter.

But only if you pay 'em a million bucks.

> JGD

Amen.
Sal

<*> Your email settings: