This one is for Curtis, although I am sure he already
knows that the Blues are spiritual indeed. They deal
with flushing the impurities from our systems that
cause us pain and keep us from "feelin' alright."

The vocals are tremendous, as one of the greats of
the popular blues scene grunts and groans out "the
pain down inside that won't be denied," and that
keeps him from "bein' satisfied." The song is clearly
about the self (small "s") and how "letting it go"
is so important to one's spiritual well-being. The
sense of the bluesman's relief at the final splash
as it departs and his final cry of "I feel alright!"
is one of the most poignant spiritual transformations
I've ever heard in music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic3g8Xnf7LI