--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> OK, since Sal decided she'd step on my point and ignore my
> request for comments only from those who knew nothing more
> about the case than what Skolnick posted, I'll ask Steve
> whether he notices any discrepancies between Skolnick's
> account and the account Sal posted from Quackwatch.

Well yes.  Quite a different take. I think the whole purpose of chemo is
to make the cancer go into remission.  It is probably a  reasonable
assumption to conclude that Ayurdedic treatments would strengthen the
immune system.   I don't think I would want to go beyond that simple
statement.  And it would be difficult for me to believe that Chopra or
any physician with any credibility would make a statement beyond this
claim.

  The program also featured a testimonial by Marian Thompson, a
  patient whose metastatic breast cancer had gone into
remission with chemotherapy plus ayurvedic treatment.
Chopra asserted that his methods had played a major role in
the woman's apparent recovery by strengthening her immune system. Ms.
Thompson subsequently died of her disease."