The secret of managing is to keep the guys who hate you away from the
guys who are undecided.

-Casey Stengel  (This one really cracked me up)

  The trouble is not that players have sex the night before a game.
It's that they stay out all night looking for it.

-Casey Stengel  (Rick - Any confirming rumors?)

  I never questioned the integrity of an umpire. Their eyesight, yes.

-Leo Durocher  (FFL?)

  It was Brooklyn against the world. They were not only complete
fanatics, but they knew baseball like the fans of no other city. It
was exciting to play there. It was a treat. I walked into that
crummy, flyblown park as Brooklyn manager for nine years, and every
time I entered, my pulse quickened and my spirits soared.

-Leo Durocher  (As a Brooklyn Dodger fan, I love this one)

  "I think there are only three things America will be known for
2,000 years from now when they study this civilization: the
Constitution, jazz music, and baseball."

-Gerald Early

  When I was a small boy growing up in Kansas, a friend of mine and I
went fishing and as we sat there in the warmth of a summer afternoon
on a riverbank we talked about what we wanted to do when we grew up.
I told him that I wanted to be a real major-league baseball player, a
genuine professional like Honus Wagner. My friend said that he'd like
to be President of the United States. Neither of us got our wish.

-Dwight D Eisenhower  (Better had he gotten his wish?)

  Sweat plus sacrifice equals success.

-Charlie Finley

  "Fans don't boo nobodies."

-Reggie Jackson  (Scientologists hope?)

  Baseball is a lot like life. The line drives are caught, the
squibbles go for base hits. It's an unfair game.

-Rod Kanehl  (I can relate)

  Concentration is the ability to think about absolutely nothing when
it is absolutely necessary.

-Ray Knight   (A new technique?)

  "All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives, 'See, there's a
fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer.'"

-Mickey Lolich    (Personal favorite)

  "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from
defeat."

-Christy Mathewson  (Got plenty of reality here)

  "Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you."

-Satchel Paige  (Butch & Sundance?)

  "Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes.
Home plate don't move."

-Satchel Paige  (That's what I call a stable datum)

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hl83hbe/M=364397.6958316.7892810.4764722/D=groups/S=1705171145:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123698302/A=2915264/R=0/SIG=11t7isiiv/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=34443/*http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs";>Get
 fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home
page</a></font>