--Jesus never said these things.
His message is simply to radiate love and forgive.
What happened to his teaching was that it was taken and used for
personal religious and political power.
When the Romans decided to make it a state religion, they used a
paradigm which they were familiar with, and that is to make a person
into a God.
This was what Caesar believed he was, a god, and wanted to be
worshiped as God.
The main antaganism between the Jews and the followers of Jesus, and
the Romans was that the Romans wanted everyone to recognise the
Caesar of Rome, to be God, and they demonstated the 'power' of Rome
and the power of Caesar, through intimidation and terror.
Think of the mind of the Roman who would come up with the concept of
crucifixion.
What kind of mind thinks something like this up?
Think of seeing thousands of your friends, hanging on wooden stakes,
rotting in the sun, for what?
To demonstrate the 'power of Rome.
The most vulgar thing I can think of, is what people have done with
Jesus' teaching, using his simple message, and crucifying him, over
and over again.

- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "kjdruhl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> [snip]
>

> > Jesus Christ declared Himself to be the Savior and eternal Judge
of
> > the world. He declared that there was no way to God except Him,
that
> > He was the eternal I AM, Jehovah.
>

> [snip]
>

> And is it therefore your position that unless a human being
accepts
> Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior that he/she will,
after
> death, rot in hell for all eternity?

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hj5s6sv/M=364397.6958316.7892810.4764722/D=groups/S=1705171145:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123700218/A=2915264/R=0/SIG=11t7isiiv/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=34443/*http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs";>Get
 fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home
page</a></font>