--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I wish the Christians would stop saying that their way is better
than
> anyone
> else's. It gets very boring, and it is untrue. All people can
really
> say about the
> spiritual path they adopt is, "It works for me," and I wish they
> would leave it at
> that.

I think it's more than just "boring"...I think it's the epitome of
the very evil that they are trying to convince us we are on the side
of for not accepting JC.

Can you imagine the Son of God condemning 80% of humanity to burn in
hell for all eternity because they don't ascribe to the perverted
and twisted interpretation of a part of the Bible that was never
meant to be used as a recruiting marketing ploy?

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "kjdruhl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > Dear friends,
> >
> > I apologize for the long delay in responding to your postings
about
> > the PBS feature. Where to start? I don't want this to be a
> > theological discussion. What we are talking about is grounded in
> > experience and relationship; it is my experience of relationship
> > with Christ. Still, that experience has been based on my
> > understanding of who Christ is, who I am and what the nature of
our
> > relationship can be.
> >
> > So what about TM would prevent me from accepting Jesus as my one
> and
> > only Savior? Two things: For one the teaching that my spiritual
> > situation is one of ignorance, not of sin. There is no concept
of a
> > savior or of salvation in the Vedic teachings, because there is
no
> > concept of sin, nothing one needs to be saved from. There is a
> place
> > for a teacher in this, but no place for a Savior.
> >
> > Jesus Christ declared Himself to be the Savior and eternal Judge
of
> > the world. He declared that there was no way to God except Him,
> that
> > He was the eternal I AM, Jehovah. So, He is either God, as He
said
> > and as many witnesses testified, or He was insane, or He was
Satan.
> [...]
> made
> > the claims that He made, neither did any perform the miracles
that
> > He did, neither did any extend healing and forgiveness freely to
> > everyone who asked for it.
> >
> > What then did Christ save me from, what was my sin? I could come
up
> > with many instances of sinful behavior in my life, and would
still
> > miss the point. My sin is my state of separation from God, my
> > spiritual pride and self-centeredness, my attempt to usurp the
> place
> > of God and exalt myself to be the ruler. Does not that sound
> > familiar, to those of us who have been promised to become the
> > masters of natural law? And is not this the core of Satan's lie
> > man, that he can become like God?
> >
> > So, what evidence is there for one side or the other? I must
> confess
> > that I cannot find much if any empirical evidence for the divine
> and
> > universal nature of unredeemed man, but overwhelming evidence
for
> > his evil nature. And I can also report that I am seeing in
myself
> > and others the great cleansing and healing power of Christ, as I
am
> > yielding myself to His Lordship over my live. An intimately
> personal
> > working of Christ in me, an ongoing transformation in my heart
that
> > only God can do.
> >
> > This then brings us to the second point of separation: the
> spiritual
> > practice. The Christian spiritual practice is a matter of the
will:
> > the will to submit to the Lordship of Christ and His working in
me.
> > This is an ongoing commitment that I need to renew daily in
> freedom,
> > as my relationship with Christ expands and as His nature
overtakes
> > more and more of my mind, will and emotions. So, no technique is
> > required. Rather, techniques have to be excluded as being a means
> > assert self-rule over the rule of Christ.
> >
> > The Christian "techniques" of quiet prayer, that are often
> > mentioned, are not techniques at all, but are modes of communion
> > with Christ. It matters with whom you commune and in what
spirit,
> > not what you say and how often.
> >
> > To answer sparaig's question: No, TM doesn't prevent God from
> making
> > a connection. God is making connections all the time, to every
> human
> > being. But it does prevent the individual from receiving the
> > fullness of it. God respects your free will, and He never
imposes
> > Himself on you. The choice is yours, communion with your Savior

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12h59pb92/M=364397.6958316.7892810.4764722/D=groups/S=1705171145:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123700423/A=2915264/R=0/SIG=11t7isiiv/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=34443/*http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs";>Get
 fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home
page</a></font>