I went
through the process and received a mantra from Amma.  But, I will not
chant it or repeat it.  However, I
appreciate all these nudges, because I do believe meditation is a large part of
the answer and the "message" from the saints is a worthy one for me.  I am
about to be incredibly and excruciatingly redundant and will not state all this
again, after this time.

I did my
best to research it...it is a simple "seed" mantra, which could be
deemed appropriate, in hindsight.  I just feel incredibly foolish chanting
it and it simply doesn't resonate.  But there are other meditation methods
that do, that I have done in the past.

Part of
my story was that I was on stage waiting for her to whisper my personal mantra
in my ear and when she did, the woman to the side of her pulled a pre-printed
mantra from a recipe box and gave it to me.  Then, our group was guided
off to a circle to meet with a Swami, who was going to explain it to us.
 We were all in a circle, and he told us that each of our mantras had a
special secret meaning and we had to put our hands over our ears while he told
each person what theirs meant.

Because
of the loud music, he had to raise his voice and I could hear (although I had
my hands over my ears as instructed).  All of the mantras, including mine,
meant one of two things as translated by him:  "I bow down to the
divine Mother" was mine. All those mantras....and they all meant the same
thing, basically.  And, we weren't supposed to chant it just during our
IAM meditation - it represented another 30 minutes and also was to be kept in
our minds all day, all the time...thinking of Amma constantly. I felt like I
was signing up for something far greater than I had anticipated or understood
(religious text and subtext-wise).

wondered why it was all so secret.  Clearly I missed something.
 "I am not ready", "my ego is in the way", "I
should just repeat and not question"...I was told all these things. I
don't deny that these things may all be true at this juncture in life.

Although
I say I am big picture, I am splitting hairs here.  If the divine Mother
is Amma and the weekend message made it abundantly clear that she was and also
God, I cannot bow down...she is human, not God to me. It's pretty simple and
this concept is a nauseatingly redundant theme for me on this forum, so I will
stop. I realized part of the way through the exercise that I was in trouble and
out of integrity, as we were told that by accepting the mantra we agreed that
Amma would be our guide, through this lifetime and the subsequent ones.  I
should have left the circle at that time, but didn't, as I felt like I was
almost out of my body and I was having trouble moving.  There was someone
who had a tradition in Jesus, who did leave.

In the end, from the larger perspective..I
choose not to demonize Amma...she has helped many and her message on the face
of it is about connection to God and compassion for all. But...for me...while I
choose to meditate, because "my way” without it is not working - I’m not going
to consult a Satguru.  Maybe in my next lifetime, as I
like to say, because, honestly, I don't "know".