> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > Although, of course, what TMers say is *about* their
> > > path, whereas what the Christians say *is* their path.
> >
> > Excellent distinction. And many Christians believe that the only
> > way to become one with God is to die physically. yow!
>
> Well, no, you can never become one with God, in
> Christian belief.  Jesus was the one and only who
> ever was one with God, but he was God to begin with.
>
> > Of course the main shortcoming with TM's teachings is that you
can
> > wallow in the seven states of conciousness forever without
gaining
> > enlightenment.
>
> Five, six, and seven *are* enlightenment, according
> to MMY.
>
> > I don't know if that is an actual shortcoming, or just an example
> > of the expression, 'you can lead a TMer to Brahman, but you
can't
> > make him drink'.
> >
> > In other words, after Maherishi provides us the tools for
> > experiencing the other 4 states of conciousness (tc, cc, gc,
uc),
> > how would he then tell us to go beyond them, to all inclusive
> > Brahman? Any ideas anyone?
>
> In my understanding, he says GC and UC, and presumably
> BC as well--and whatever there is after BC--develop
> naturally once you've reached CC.

Yeah, I know he says that about gc and uc, but I didn't recall him
talking about bc in the same way. Probably because it is impossible
to...

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12htk3p0j/M=364397.6958316.7892810.4764722/D=groups/S=1705171145:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123706576/A=2915264/R=0/SIG=11t7isiiv/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=34443/*http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs";>Get
 fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home
page</a></font>