---I agree with you, that is what it was like; and it is hard to
imagine someone like that being treated like shit, which is what
happened.
Then again, you can see how Maharishi is ignored and treated badly;
and how most enlightened people through the ages, suffered at the
hands of the ignorant and selfish leaders of the time.
Socrates was also condemned to death, because his enlightened
beliefs, where seen as a threat to the established order.
Enlightened people are always a threat to the Status Quo, always.
Even in the TMO, the same thing; enlightened one's are a threat to
the status quo.

 In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Llundrub" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was there. I knew him. I have memories clear as day. I just
don't recall the cross. I also don't know why people think he was
the shit. It's probably due to the fact that the ignorant were
really really ignorant back then.  He was really smart and wise and
all, and really got down to the savior business, but then people
took his teachings and made up a bunch of shit and changed other
things and lost his techniques and lost his words and left us some
table scraps from his not so great days.

Service.